Friday, January 25, 2013

Day #92 - Home Decorating

This past weekend I brought my Mom a get well gift of magazines. My Mom loves house magazines and I thought it would be great to stock her with some new ones so she could relax and have something new to read. I bought 4 of them and she already had one in her personal pile, so I kept one of them for myself. I actually went down to her house the very next day as well and she informed me she had been through all of them and handed them back over to me...geez, that didn't take long. I have thumbed through most of them this past week and it made me itch to do something about the decorations, or lack thereof, in my house. I'm suddenly restless and unsatisfied with how my home looks. I am wishing Melissa was here to help me, but I guess I just need to start with one room at a time and get it done.

One thing I may implement immediately is book stacks...whats this? I have a bunch of books that I haven't read and they are messing up my loft, so now I am going to go around and create decorative stacks with them. I'm pretty sure it will be irritating to dust them, oh well. Perhaps if they are in plain sight every day I will be inspired to read them.



This seems like an easy place to start. Perhaps I will take some pictures when I am done and you can critique it for me. I'm pretty excited to have those magazines to help give me more ideas - now I just need to execute them.

There is another photo I must post - I LOVE this picture of Mom w/Keri's baby, Seerie. There are several of them w/Mom talking seriously to her and her listening intently with big shiny eyes, but here are a few of my favorites.



I think the grand kids of this family are very lucky to have such great grandparents who love them so much and it is super cute to watch them interact with my parents. Seerie is quite the talker now and soon everyone, besides her Mom, will even be able to understand what she is trying to say. I have the feeling she will be keeping her Mom and Dad on their toes.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.” Charles M. Schulz (hmmm...maybe this is what I am after...nah)

2 comments:

  1. Book Stacks. LOVE EM. Use em......all over. I just went and did a quick stack count, 7. They are great to lift items up, add height, make a space more interesting. I purposely look for old books with cool spines, at garage sales and stuff. Knowing they will end up in a book stack. I may never read them......but maybe I will. I usually take off all slip covers, underneath is the stacking material you want, not that glossy picture looking book. Or heck, maybe in some spaces you (I) do......guess it depends on the book.

    I am also itching for renovation at our place. I am finally acting. Painting doors. Whooohooo. Nothing could be more unsatisfying.....but it really needs to be done. I get on and off door painting all the time. Seems like we must have a lot of doors.....no. I guess I just get sick of it really fast. I finally have the boys door down. It is getting the first once over since we have lived here, 13 years!! It still has Herbie damage, it is totally scraped up. The boys area is the least of my decorating concerns. They don't really care, and there is really no space to do anything in there anyway, except for this.

    I'm doing this with the hopes of one day having it ready to sell to another lucky family. These jobs will have to be done at some point.....why not now?

    Love the pics of Seerie and Gram. I hear you on the magazine speed reading. I got stacks of magazines a few different times while they were visiting. Thinking they would last the trip. Zooooooom. Ziiiiipppppp. Mom takes them in and enjoys them very quickly. But I love how she always passes them right on down the line. Maybe that is why she became so speedy, wants to pass them off for another to enjoy right away.

    Thanks for the update : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, lets not even worry about decorating- my house is just DIRTY! Like filthy gross. And it's that way constantly. I'm getting super sick of the snow and snow gear, that can never be found.. and yet can never be out of my sight!!
    We had to rip down the covered (dog run) portion of our chicken coop as it was leaning dangerously close to our neighbors brand new fence (just replaced in full from the wind storms over a year ago). The heavy snow build up eventually became too much and as we tried to pull and push it back to level we just kept bending other weight baring poles. When spring does come our yard is gonna look like a total dump!
    Still, I too bought a house mag recently and felt that anxious fun build up of anticipation to get going on some DIY projects. Maybe that's going to be the motivation I need to finally get some serious cleaning time in?!? maybe..
    Love yous guys!
    A

    ReplyDelete