Thursday, June 27, 2013

That Blows Chunks!

Travis and I were taking the long way home from the grocery store the other day and as we drove past the library I did a double take..."TRAVIS, turn around, I'm sorry but you have GOT to see this." He did what I asked and as we came back by the library he looked on in astonishment to see a car high centered over some rocks in the library parking lot.


Oh MAN!! That really does blow. Here is the sorry truth of the matter...Travis looked at me and said, "That seems like something you would do." Gee Thanks! The only problem is I was thinking the same thing. Truthfully though, I think I am actually a pretty good driver even though I lose my temper easy enough. We probably all think we are good drivers.

I'm trying to think back at any less than brilliant things I have done while behind the wheel...I backed into a pole in a parking garage a year or so ago. I closed the garage door while the hatch was open and scratched it. Travis actually backed out of the garage before the door was open all the way and broke out the red reverse light at the top of the hatch within 1 week after I got the car fixed, so he is not perfect. I remember coming home all upset from the grocery store complaining about how irresponsible and rude people are who break things on your car and don't at least leave a note - at which time he confessed to the incident.

Several days ago I was driving home from work and there was a Semi that had caught on fire. Just yesterday I passed ANOTHER vehicle on fire - this time a camper. It is times like these that I wonder what happened? What went down? How could this have been avoided? I will never know if the gentleman driving the car above was on the phone, had bad eyesight or was just not paying attention, but I'm glad it wasn't me this time.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quotes: "Never take a solemn oath. People think you mean it." Norman Douglas

1 comment:

  1. Kevin sees tons of really bad wrecks, weekly. He usually sees them happen. It is really crazy to me. I see "almost" crashes every so often, but not much. He has been in several as well, again, not me.....knocking on wood here. I am grateful for that.

    Yeah, solemn oaths.....those things can really mess with your mind can't they?? I swear not to eat carbs this week. Or, I promise not to hit another ball out the back court in tennis this game. Why do we even bother? It is dumb, and just going to come back in our face. Goals are great, and necessary, but hard fast "solemn oaths" usually get me into trouble. I want to be able to trust myself and hold myself to my commitments.....got to be careful to be sure it is even possible and somewhat practical. : )

    ReplyDelete