Friday, March 29, 2013

Studio

Tomorrow my baby brother, now 32, is going to move into our studio apartment. He's had a few rough years as he has forged his way into a  new career path. I'm pretty proud of him and he has a new job, that he seems to enjoy and take great pride in, and he is ready to move out of the parents house he was lucky enough to have the option to live in for the last year. I'm glad we have an interim solution for him.

I have a lot to do tomorrow. I really need to make about 15 calls in the morning for work, but I also need to clean the house, clean the apartment and the oven that hasn't been put back in the unit since it was redone. We had a leak in the ceiling and had to take it down, de-funk it, and put everything back up. We put on a fresh coat of paint and took out the old gungy carpet and put in a pergo type product. We had a few extra canned lights put in and a new, bigger sink. I'm pretty happy with the final results.

We originally thought we would use the studio for our work out room, but the ceiling is too low and the new elliptical won't fit in there. I might be just short enough to use it, but Trav would never be able to, so up into the loft it went. Now I am in the process of rearranging that area to be our new work out room.

The next idea was to use the space for a "game room" but how often do we really entertain? We surely would not go down there just to entertain ourselves...would we? Then we thought we could make it into Trav's home office and bike room - this is still a possibility, but then Chuck called and we decided to let him rent from us for a bit.

It will be fun to have him here. I don't expect we will really see too much of him, but when our nephew lived with us we tried to have dinner together once a week and I expect we will do the same with Chuck. What makes me most happy is he seems excited about it. I hope he likes it.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “What strange creatures brothers are!” - Jane Austen

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Cool. Now, where does Chuck work exactly? Is it about the same drive time as you have? Sounds like you did some nice things with the place. Not a ton, but the improvements you made would make a BIG difference. I bet you will be seeing a little more family up in your neck of the woods. Just a hunch.....now you've got two Dana's up in the PC mountains. I like it.

    You guys have soooooooooooo many rooms in your place that it is hard to decide where to put stuff isn't it? Poor babies. I feel so bad for you.

    How's your daily plan going? Update, update, update.

    ReplyDelete