Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Company Time

I just got home from our companies first annual Summer party. It sounded like a great way to get to know some of the new agents that recently joined the company (over 60 to be exact) and to meet some of the agents families that I have been working with over this last year.

I was expecting hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner, but should have known George and John do nothing normal. The food was WONDERFUL. There was a zucchini, bean & olive salad, crab macaroni salad, raspberry/walnut green salad, smokey baked beans with a little spicy kick, raspberry grilled chicken and smoked pork tenderloin w/pineapple habanero sauce. Yum.

There was also two big bouncy houses, tug-o-war (very funny), volleyball, prize packet drawing for a big bucket of family games, face painting, etc. Pretty nice party. I realize I gave the bosses the credit - it was really one of our Broker's that put it all together and she did a VERY nice job.

The best part of the night was all the little kids. There seemed to be 50 two year olds there - all these darling little people, not quite chatty yet, just running all over the place. So cute. I did get a chance to catch up with several of the agents I have gotten to know this year and also spent some time with some of the new agents - it was good.

I was also happy Travis was there with me. There was natural resistance initially, but I love bringing Travis to meet the people I work with. He is so good looking and I love it when people ask how long we have been married and I get to say "18 years" and they always do a double take on Travis. It always makes me laugh inside.

Just today, after Travis left the party, I had several people tell me how good looking he is. I love telling Travis about it later - he gets embarrassed and I am sure it makes him feel good. I like to think it adds some mystery to me in the viewers eyes..."what is so great about Heather that she has a husband like that"? Well, you will just have to get to know me to find out. LOL.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other."  Ann Landers

1 comment:

  1. I love your food descriptions. You are a natural....you make everything sound so tantalizing, flavorful, and LEGIT....habanero sauce?? come on, dumb it down a little please for this fries and burger lameo.

    You are a sweetheart, so cute about Trav and "showing him off". What is so special about you!? Good heavens. You are brillant for starters, you are well loved and appreciated by all who know you. Being at your work place, it was obvious to recognize this truth. I know you were not fishing. but you are a one of a kind gem my friend.

    ReplyDelete