Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lunch Break

I've decided to take a minute to check in during my lunch break...I have been eating very good for the past few weeks and yesterday I went home early to meet some installation guys who put together an elliptical for our home.

As Trav and I were out shopping for them this past month we realized they are too big to put in our studio apartment (7' ceilings) I might have gotten away with it, but Trav is too tall to use the machine in such a short space; so we put it up in our loft instead...I've been crying for an elliptical for about a year now and Trav said this morning, "Be careful what you ask for...now you have to use it." Good point.

I got up this morning and sleepily got ready to jump on the Elliptical...about 2 minutes in at level 1 I began to realize just how out of shape I really am. I'm sure it will only take a few weeks to work up to the 20 then 30 minute intervals I want to do each day, but it was pretty embarrassing to be wiped out after 15 minutes. At least I was not at the gym...I would much rather be by myself at such a time.

I'm super excited to finally have a machine that I REALLY like. It is private, convenient, good quality...I'm starting to run out of excuses for not exercising...that is for sure.

This leads me to mindset...we just finished the book "As a Man Thinketh" and it runs along the same lines as other mindset books, nothing really new here, but this book is pretty old. It was first published in 1910. Isn't it crazy that this philosophy or universal law has been around for so long and we are still trying to figure it out?

One thing I have known for quite some time and still struggle with (so many years of 'wrong' thinking) is how important mindset is as regards our health. There is an agent on my team that has seriously been reinventing himself over the last year and is so intent on changing his mind set, he changed his name from Robert to Bob...being known by clients by a different name helps him to remember to think in a different way. Bob is assertive and fearless where Robert has 40 years of baggage he drags around in his mind; it sounds weird, but it is interesting to think about.

Anyway, here are some affirmations that are meant to be said out loud daily that I now don't need to cringe from saying:

* I get stronger with every step
* I take excellent care of my body
* I start each day with an abundance of energy
* I exercise daily
* I eat healthful foods
* I feel outstanding
* I drink water daily
* I am healthy and strong

At least I know there are no more excuses about exercise...I'm on it!! Now I just need a new computer!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The body is the servant of the mind. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed." James Allen, As A Man Thinketh

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, congrats on the new elliptical.
    One of the only things I know for sure about exercise is that it does get easier and FUNNER the more you do and as you are consistent! I think I am pretty results oriented, so I like that if I practice something I can see the improvement from that one more session of practice.
    One quote on the board at cross fit right now is:
    "You can be sore tomorrow or you can be sorry tomorrow."

    Also, keep these great book quotes coming girls. Such great motivation.
    xoxo
    Aim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Great choice with the elliptical. You go girl. I need to read that book, I don't think I have read it....if I can't remember it at all, certainly couldn't hurt to re-read the little guy I guess, even if I have . I like the quotes also.....great one from Cross Fit Aim.

    Thanks for checking in HB! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete