Thursday, February 28, 2013

Big Mac Daddy

Wow...I am typing on the smallest keyboard ever, while looking at the biggest computer monitor I've ever used. I think it is bigger than my last TV...just kidding, but it is almost too big to sit directly in front of. It is 27 inches of lovely, fast, clean and virus free computer...Oh, AND it is a Mac.

Travis has been dying to get a Mac computer. Everyone who has one loves them more than life, so I bet it will be pretty cool to own this big Mac daddy computer. I am certainly excited to be re-connected.

Last night I spent an hour on an important project for work and just as I was putting the finishing touches on the document a virus popped up telling me the FBI was going to confiscate my computer and I was going to jail if I didn't pay up. I knew immediately what this was because it happened to my Mom a few weeks ago. It froze my computer and even starting the computer over would not reset the desktop...all was lost. Normally this would be an inconvenience and SUPER irritating, but after working overtime these last few weeks and then working from home at night, it was disheartening and upsetting. I wasn't even connected to the Internet...at least I thought I wasn't.

This morning I was talking to Travis about it and started to tear up...next thing I know he is telling me he is picking up this big guy and bringing it home with him and now here I sit looking at a galaxy of opportunity (the background on the desktop is a star lit sky).

I know this is not something he wanted to spend our money on for another few months, but I can't tell you what it means to me that he bit the bullet and handled it. I feel so much better with some options and I'm glad we got what we wanted instead of just settling for a temporary fix.

We also moved the computer to the family room...it is taking some getting used to, but I kind of like the idea that I can do stuff while Trav is watching a football game and we can still be in the same room together.

Now I just need to learn how to use everything...piece of cake. :)

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Home is where you hang your @." Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Yahooo! I love my Mac. YOU will love NO VIRUSES. The rest of the family is constantly battling the PCs we own. It never ends. Good luck! Enjoy! I'm here to help if you have ?s. I'm no expert, but I have had mine for at least 3 years now.....so, ya know I know some stuff.

    Yeah!!! Happy Trav hooked you up. Love the idea of it in your family room so you can hang together and still do your own thing.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear from you again! You and Mindy had vanished for quite awhile! The Spirit seemed to hit you both at the same time! I am happy that you are able to work from your familyroom now. Seems more convenient.Good Luck tomorrow with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete